HISTORY OF THE DOMAINE DE L'ILE
LE ROSE DE M. FOURNIER In 1911 F-J. FOURNIER, returning from Mexico, where he had made his fortune in the gold and silver mines, bought the island of Porquerolles, which had burned down fourteen years before. He settles there with his wife Sylvia, they will have 7 children including 6 girls.
In order to create firebreaks, it planted 170 hectares of vineyards and the island became one of France's largest wine producing areas, producing up to 14,000 hectoliters. Sylvia FOURNIER will be one of the creators of Côtes de Provence. François-Joseph died in 1935. Occupation, vandalization of the cellar, will annihilate his creation. In 1957 the island will be shared for four of its daughters, according to the four natural plains. At that time the state purchased the planting rights, but Lelia LE BER née FOURNIER and her husband Dominique were the only ones to replant a 20 hectare vineyard in the Brégançonnet plain and build a new cellar.
In 1971, the French State bought out the vast majority of the island, in order to preserve it and entrusted its management to the National Park of Port-Cros. Sébastien LE BER, grandson of F-J. FOURNIER, took over the management of the family farm in 1980, and in 1987 enlarged it by renting 40 hectares to the State, of which 16.5 hectares are currently in wine production and 5 hectares in olive trees. Currently the annual production is about 1200 hectoliters (rosé 70%, red 15%, white 15%), for commercialization in metropolitan France, the West Indies, England, Germany, and the United States.
 HISTORY OF THE DOMAINE DE L'ILE
LE ROSE DE M. FOURNIER
In 1911 F-J. FOURNIER, returning from Mexico, where he had made his fortune in the gold and silver mines, bought the island of Porquerolles, which had burned down fourteen years before. He settles there with his wife Sylvia, they will have 7 children including 6 girls.
In order to create firebreaks, it planted 170 hectares of vineyards and the island became one of France's largest wine producing areas, producing up to 14,000 hectoliters. Sylvia FOURNIER will be one of the creators of Côtes de Provence. François-Joseph died in 1935. Occupation, vandalization of the cellar, will annihilate his creation. In 1957 the island will be shared for four of its daughters, according to the four natural plains. At that time the state purchased the planting rights, but Lelia LE BER née FOURNIER and her husband Dominique were the only ones to replant a 20 hectare vineyard in the Brégançonnet plain and build a new cellar.
In 1971, the French State bought out the vast majority of the island, in order to preserve it and entrusted its management to the National Park of Port-Cros. Sébastien LE BER, grandson of F-J. FOURNIER, took over the management of the family farm in 1980, and in 1987 enlarged it by renting 40 hectares to the State, of which 16.5 hectares are currently in wine production and 5 hectares in olive trees. Currently the annual production is about 1200 hectoliters (rosé 70%, red 15%, white 15%), for commercialization in metropolitan France, the West Indies, England, Germany, and the United States.
 HISTORY OF THE DOMAINE DE L'ILE
LE ROSE DE M. FOURNIER
In 1911 F-J. FOURNIER, returning from Mexico, where he had made his fortune in the gold and silver mines, bought the island of Porquerolles, which had burned down fourteen years before. He settles there with his wife Sylvia, they will have 7 children including 6 girls.
In order to create firebreaks, it planted 170 hectares of vineyards and the island became one of France's largest wine producing areas, producing up to 14,000 hectoliters. Sylvia FOURNIER will be one of the creators of Côtes de Provence. François-Joseph died in 1935. Occupation, vandalization of the cellar, will annihilate his creation. In 1957 the island will be shared for four of its daughters, according to the four natural plains. At that time the state purchased the planting rights, but Lelia LE BER née FOURNIER and her husband Dominique were the only ones to replant a 20 hectare vineyard in the Brégançonnet plain and build a new cellar.
In 1971, the French State bought out the vast majority of the island, in order to preserve it and entrusted its management to the National Park of Port-Cros. Sébastien LE BER, grandson of F-J. FOURNIER, took over the management of the family farm in 1980, and in 1987 enlarged it by renting 40 hectares to the State, of which 16.5 hectares are currently in wine production and 5 hectares in olive trees. Currently the annual production is about 1200 hectoliters (rosé 70%, red 15%, white 15%), for commercialization in metropolitan France, the West Indies, England, Germany, and the United States.
 HISTORY OF THE DOMAINE DE L'ILE
LE ROSE DE M. FOURNIER In 1911 F-J. FOURNIER, returning from Mexico, where he had made his fortune in the gold and silver mines, bought the island of Porquerolles, which had burned down fourteen years before. He settles there with his wife Sylvia, they will have 7 children including 6 girls.
In order to create firebreaks, it planted 170 hectares of vineyards and the island became one of France's largest wine producing areas, producing up to 14,000 hectoliters. Sylvia FOURNIER will be one of the creators of Côtes de Provence. François-Joseph died in 1935. Occupation, vandalization of the cellar, will annihilate his creation. In 1957 the island will be shared for four of its daughters, according to the four natural plains. At that time the state purchased the planting rights, but Lelia LE BER née FOURNIER and her husband Dominique were the only ones to replant a 20 hectare vineyard in the Brégançonnet plain and build a new cellar. In 1971, the French State bought out the vast majority of the island, in order to preserve it and entrusted its management to the National Park of Port-Cros. Sébastien LE BER, grandson of F-J. FOURNIER, took over the management of the family farm in 1980, and in 1987 enlarged it by renting 40 hectares to the State, of which 16.5 hectares are currently in wine production and 5 hectares in olive trees. Currently the annual production is about 1200 hectoliters (rosé 70%, red 15%, white 15%), for commercialization in metropolitan France, the West Indies, England, Germany, and the United States.
 HISTORY OF THE DOMAINE DE L'ILE
LE ROSE DE M. FOURNIER In 1911 F-J. FOURNIER, returning from Mexico, where he had made his fortune in the gold and silver mines, bought the island of Porquerolles, which had burned down fourteen years before. He settles there with his wife Sylvia, they will have 7 children including 6 girls.
In order to create firebreaks, it planted 170 hectares of vineyards and the island became one of France's largest wine producing areas, producing up to 14,000 hectoliters. Sylvia FOURNIER will be one of the creators of Côtes de Provence. François-Joseph died in 1935. Occupation, vandalization of the cellar, will annihilate his creation. In 1957 the island will be shared for four of its daughters, according to the four natural plains. At that time the state purchased the planting rights, but Lelia LE BER née FOURNIER and her husband Dominique were the only ones to replant a 20 hectare vineyard in the Brégançonnet plain and build a new cellar. In 1971, the French State bought out the vast majority of the island, in order to preserve it and entrusted its management to the National Park of Port-Cros. Sébastien LE BER, grandson of F-J. FOURNIER, took over the management of the family farm in 1980, and in 1987 enlarged it by renting 40 hectares to the State, of which 16.5 hectares are currently in wine production and 5 hectares in olive trees. Currently the annual production is about 1200 hectoliters (rosé 70%, red 15%, white 15%), for commercialization in metropolitan France, the West Indies, England, Germany, and the United States.